If you are an emerging artist, storyteller or theatre-maker from Pakistan, this is the opportunity for you
If you are an emerging artist, storyteller or theatre-maker from Pakistan then this is the opportunity for you to learn, work and collaborate with international artists as well as experience the 2nd edition of Tamasha Festival in the beautiful city of Lahore – the cultural art hub of Pakistan.
ASSITEJ Pakistan is committed to engaging young aspiring artists and professional theatre-makers from all over the Pakistan interested in TYA (Theatre for Young Audiences).
The Next Generation Programme 2018 offer new opportunities every year and include Group Residency Programmes and Individual Placements. The programme is designed to create new opportunities for learning and to enable international exchange and collaboration between local young emerging artists.
In this program selected 15 local participants would be working with 13 international young theatre makers for one week to co-create a performance to perform at 2nd Tamasha Festival 2018.
Details of the Next Generation Program
- 1 week program to work with 13 international young theatre-makers from Germany, Brazil, Turkey, Srilanka, USA, Belarus, Croatia, Hungary, Australia, South Africa, Philippines, Switzerland
- Group Food and travel would be covered
- Workshops by eminent international and national performing arts trainers
- Full access to attend and experience 2nd Tamasha Festival 2018
- Platform to network with international theatre community
- Collaborative performance with international artists
- Cultural tour
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Dates: 27th Feb – 4th March 2018
Fee: 20,000 PKR (Fee will only be charged after the selection of the participant)
For all emerging artist from Pakistan aged 18-35 with a passion for storytelling or theatre-making along with a track record of making a significant impact in your community, country or organization then you could be part of the upcoming Next Generation programme.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Application Deadline: 31th December 2017
Successful candidates will be announced in the first week of February 2018.