Islamabad Expressway to remain closed on March 19, 21, and 23 due to Pakistan Day parade 2018 activities
As the country is all set to celebrate the ‘78th Pakistan Day’ on March 23, the preparations for the Pakistan Day parade 2018 activities are in full swing at Shakarparian parade ground in Islamabad.
In this regard, a traffic management plan has been issued by the Islamabad Traffic Police ahead of the Pakistan Day parade 2018 on March 23 in the city.
The Islamabad Expressway will remain closed for all traffic for three days this week owing to preparations for and the Pakistan Day parade at the Parade Ground on Friday.
A notification, imposing Section 144 in the federal capital, states that there will be a complete ban on pillion riding on the above-mentioned dates, adding that the prohibition does not apply to women, children and the elderly.
The Expressway will remain closed on March 19, 21, and 23 due to the parade activities.
The Islamabad Traffic Police (ITP) has announced the following plan for Pakistan Day parade 2018:
- The road will remain closed from Zero Point to Khanna Pul from 5am to 2pm.
- Murree Road will be closed from Rawal Dam Chowk to Faizabad.
- Faizabad interchange will remain closed for traffic on all three days.
- The Faizabad interchange on the Expressway or Highway is a major route for traffic between Punjab, Islamabad, K-P and AJK.
- Trucks will be banned from entering the Expressway from midnight to 2pm on March 19, 21, and 23.
- Heavy traffic at Rawat T-Cross will be diverted towards the GT Road and Peshawar Roads respectively
- The public has been advised to use alternate routes such Lehtrar Road and Ninth Avenue-Double Road to reach the Airport.
- The Kashmir Highway, however, will remain open for all traffic.