The National Command and Control Center (NCOC) has announced relaxation in COVID restrictions as the positivity rate continues to drop.
NCOC, the body overseeing the pandemic situation in the country, held a meeting on Monday, Feb. 21 to discuss the current trends of coronavirus and to review and ease the non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs) with the dropping positivity rate of the disease countrywide.
According to the latest data released by NCOC, the positivity rate has greatly declined, reaching 2.51% as the administration of the COVID19 vaccine strengthened across Pakistan.
Revised NPIs for cities/districts:
With the decline in the spread of disease, NCOC has decided to relax NPIs across the country, effective Feb. 22. The details of the new NPIs are given below:
- Limit of indoor gatherings/weddings increased from 300 to 500 individuals in cities/ districts with positivity rate less than 10%.
- Indoor gatherings in cities/districts with positivity rate above 10% are still banned.
- Outdoor gathering/weddings are allowed for fully vaccinated individuals in cities/ districts with positivity less than 10%.
- In cities with positivity above 10 %, outdoor gatherings are allowed with maximum limit of 300 guests.
- Occupancy level of public transport for fully vaccinated individuals increased from 70%to 80%
- Occupancy level of railways increased from 80% to 100%.
- Ban on serving of food during in-flight journey and public transport for domestic travel will continue till Feb. 28
- Educational institutes to open with strict COVID SOPs.
- Students above 12 years of age are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Indoor dining allowed for fully vaccinated individuals in cities/districts with less than 10% positivity rate.
- A ban on indoor dining to be observed in cities with positivity rate above 10%.
- Outdoor dining allowed for fully vaccinated individuals across the country, regardless of positivity rate.
- Indoor gyms opened for all fully vaccinated individuals in cities with less than 10% positivity rate.
- In cities with above 10% positivity rate, indoor Gyms available at 50 % capacity for fully vaccinated individuals
- All sports are allowed for fully vaccinated individuals in cities with below 10% positivity rate.
- A ban on contact sports in cities with more 10% positivity rate continues.
Cinemas, shrines, and amusement parks:
- Cinemas, shrines and amusement parks are opened for all fully vaccinated individuals in cities with less than 10% positivity rate.
- Cinemas, Shrines and amusement parks will be open at 50 % capacity for fully vaccinated individuals in cities with more than 10% rate of positivity.