The Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (PCAA) plans to construct the highest building in Islamabad, standing at about 38 stories and featuring cutting-edge amenities.
Sharing the details, a CAA spokesperson said the 38-story high-rise office and commercial skyscraper with state-of-the-art facilities will be constructed at Jinnah Avenue in Blue Area.
- The multi-story facility will span around 850,000 square feet
- The anticipated cost of the project is around Rs. 14 billion
- The CAA Tower will house various directorates and branches of CAA as well as airline corporate offices, airline booking centers, and business centers
- It will also have seminar and conference halls, media centers, financial institutes and banks
- The planned high-rise will also have recreational facilities including an aviation science museum and an art gallery
- It will also house a health and fitness center, indoor sports facilities, a baby daycare center, food courts, and hotel/lodging facilities.
The CAA Tower is said to be the first-ever green building project in the capital city, aimed at achieving “sustainability, water conservation, energy efficiency, environment-friendly design with less carbon footprint.”
Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (PCAA) has assigned the mega development project to NESPAK. A Formal Consultancy Contract Signing ceremony was held at Allama Iqbal International Airport in Lahore. Federal Minister of Aviation Khawaja Saad Rafiq, DG PCAA Khaqan Murtaza, and Managing Director Nespak Dr. Tahir Masood witnessed the ceremony.
5 Parking Plazas
Meanwhile, Capital Development Authority (CDA) has received documents for the construction of five parking plazas in Islamabad. After scrutinizing the documents the CDA will call bids for the construction of plazas.
According to a plan shared in September, CDA will construct plazas with a total parking capacity of 3,500 automobiles in the following locations:
- Three parking plazas in Blue Area, one near Savour Foods
- Two parking facilities in Sector F-10 Markaz
- One Parking plaza in Sector F-8 Markaz
The construction of parking plazas is expected to commence in June 2023 and is anticipated to cost Rs. 35.8 million.