MEXT Teachers Training Scholarship 2018 announced for High School teachers of Pakistan
Japanese Government has announced MEXT Teachers Training Scholarship 2018 for teachers.
Every year the Government of Japan offers a scholarship to Pakistani teachers who wish to conduct research on school education under the Monbukagakusho (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Government of Japan: MEXT) Scholarship Program.
MEXT Teachers Training 2018 is a non-degree training course, but he/she will get a certificate after completing the required course at the university in Japan. This program is not designed for those who wish to enter Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctor’s degree courses.
- Age: Applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1983.
- Qualifications: Applicants must be graduates of universities or teacher training schools and have worked as teachers at primary/secondary educational institutions or teacher training schools (excluding universities) in their home countries for five years in total as of April 1, 2017. In-service university faculty members are not eligible.
- Individual Criteria: Applicants must be intellectually and psychologically capable of spending an eighteen month period in an international atmosphere in a society with a culture very different from that of Pakistan. Also, applicants must be willing to learn Japanese language and receive research guidance in Japanese, because many universities conduct courses only in Japanese. Japanese language training is provided by the University in Japan beforehand. The courses usually start in October.
- More: Click here for guidelines.
- Prescribed Application form, duly filled.
- Letter of recommendation, as per sample, from your Principal
- A (brief) statement of purpose for applying to this scholarship.
The envelope must be marked as “MEXT Teachers Training Scholarship”
and sent to the following address:
Public Affairs Section,
Embassy of Japan,
Diplomatic Enclave 1, Islamabad.